Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Trial , Sentence , Imprisonment & Murder .

Jeffrey Dahmer pleaded not guilty for his 17, later reduced to 15, murders by reason of insanity. The trial lasted two weeks and the court had found him sane. After much discussion, the jury convicted him guilty of the 15 charges and sentenced him to 15 years life term which totaled up to 957 years jail time. Dahmer was remorseful for his actions and read his 4 page apology letter, which he concluded with, (quoted) "I hated no one. I knew I was sick or evil or both. Now I believe I was sick. The doctors have told me about my sickness, and now I have some peace. I know how much harm I have caused... Thank God there will be no more harm that I can do. I believe that only the Lord Jesus Christ can save me from my sins... I ask for no consideration." In prison, Jeffrey Dahmer declared himself as a born-again Christian and was baptised. After a church service, an inmate attempted to slit Dahmer's throat with a razor but had unsuccessfully done so and Dahmer escaped with minor injuries. During trial, he had said "...if i was killed in prison, that would be a blessing right now" as if it were a prayer. On the 28th of November 1994, his prayer was answered by his inmate Christopher Svarver who had severly beaten his head with a bar from the weight machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment